Supervises Bartenders, Bar Waiters and Bar Utilities under direction of the Bar Manager and ensures the smooth of operation of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To support Celebrity Cruises' mission of sustaining "the world's ultimate premium cruise line with a taste of
luxury," all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises' Pillars of
Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout
- In accordance with Celebrity Cruises' Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
- The major goal of this position is to supervise the bars and lounges assigned by the Bar Manager and fully ensures company's standards as per the Bar Operations Manual.
- Will work directly with the Bar Staff using a hands-on management approach by assisting the Bartenders during busy hours, as well as providing coverage during their meal hours and whenever necessary. The complete knowledge of the Bar tendering and wine service techniques is fundamental.
- Ensures that the designated areas are well covered with enough Bar Servers. Using a hands-on management approach will assist the Bar Servers during busy hours. The Head Bartender is not to leave their station without first performing the following task: serving, changing ashtrays, replacing dry snacks, arranging bar lists, getting feed back from the guests, collecting cups, plates, towels, etc.
- Will conduct all the necessary training, especially the "ON JOB TRAINING", as instructed by the Bar Manager to develop each individual to reach the required level of service standards.
- Makes sure personal appearance, personal hygiene and uniform appearance are at all times in accordance with company policy.
- Must be familiar with the ship's rules and regulations and participate in all required Safety Training Emergency Life Boat Drills.
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
- This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
- Conducts workstation spot checks to ensure items are correctly stored to minimize deterioration and waste.
People management responsibilities to ensure optimal performance of the function.
- Monitors and manages the various assigned workstation functions. Monitors the assignment of duties and responsibilities to his/her staff. Observes and evaluates staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met. Makes recommendations regarding personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure adequate and continuous staffing. Inspects workstations, work areas, equipment, etc. to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Conducts meetings with team once per cruise.
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to his/her staff to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with guests, department heads and CFMs to foresee and resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages such as Excel, Word, and Adobe Page Maker or related programs.
- Completion of high school or GED required; university degree preferred, a minimum of five years beverage related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.